Sunday, October 26, 2008

Snow Crush Killing Song

This poem seeks to encapsulate the decline and fall of a previous relationship. I would like to thank Lee Upton for her poem Dyserotica which inspired me to memorialize my last great personal catastrophe.

The Red Sox have won another shutout

But we'll move on until the sitcoms
buzz around the women's dormitory
like gnats at the campgrounds

your car barely hits the rebar'd hurdle
outside WAL*MART, the burly wind
scatters shopping carts like
dim stars in new systems

spiraling like every coil of dead hair
left against the shower. You are staring
again. saying nothing as my words form
coldly on the windshield:

-"You know, I can't marry you if you keep drinking like this."
"I can't marry you either."

1 comment:

Gregory Bem said...

Marriage. Good thing to leave behind with the 20th century.