Sunday, October 19, 2008

Princeton Hosts Jasper Johns Exhibit


Today Liz and I took a trip to the Princeton Art Museum with the specific goal of seeing the current Jasper Johns exhibit. It was going great until I had to check my man-purse at the door (I feel naked without my books and technology dangling on my back like some useful tumor). Anyway the lockers were pretty big and the deposit was only 1$ (I got it back). The exhibit itself was excellent, featuring a number of examples from Johns' "Light Bulb" period. Lithographs, sculptures, and what I thought were "fuzzy x-rays" were arrayed in a small, off-shoot room, near some classic American art (cowboys, guns, saddles, no black-people). If you're in the area I highly suggest you check it out. It's free; just check your man purse. I highly recommend locker 4.

Princeton's Page about the event

No comments: