Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Twenty Tramps Lined Up

1/19

Today we walked to the bus.
Andy said two molestors were possible.
I said he could be the third if he wanted.
On the bus zero were obvious.

*

I pour down beer.
Its throat is wet.
The burger grease is dry.
Finn McCool's is opening, like an oyster.

*

The heels are all flesh and burn.
The streets are a rain forest.
No, wait, that's been chopped down.
Life is as a black hole or extinct animal.

*

1/24

While I wait for the exam
I try to grasp all of this year.
It would be easier to eat the year.
If only 2010 was just a leg of chicken.

*

It's a fun glide when Jeff orders.
The food was a chicken cheese steak. And fries.
Nathalie was a cynic babe serving him.
He stared at the plate then passed it to Steven.

*

Perhaps I am the youngest one here.
Perhaps I am the oldest.
Do suicidal thoughts graph age?
Who dreams of Kafka in pleasant ways?

*

I fear that there will be no money.
I fear that there will be no friends.
I fear that successes will disappear.
There will be a mushroom or an earthquaked island.

*

There are so many songs to dream.
Deep-rooted, they hit home in Philly.
Can thee be compared to a knife?
Thy kingdom is made of pen tubes.

*

I noticed the store around the corner of the block.
The Maverick burned like an incense ash stem forming.
Beyond the wall sat a cubicle forest.
I stamped out the paper and tobacco on the ground.

*

When you cannot stand still you get failure.
You get illicit downloads. Videos.
I cannot help but laugh at that screen.
We are dumb brutes when we try to grow up.

*

The bartender said, Rock and Roll.
The gorgeous Asian American was still there.
In a single moment of work she brought me the BBQ.
Later, we all agreed that her gift was damn good.

*

A man says, Traffic court.
A man says, The moving guy called me.
Please believe, please believe, please believe.
This shit is escapable.

No comments: