Thursday, October 29, 2009

Killermine

for (h)alloween

I've heard enough of your translators.
Inside the bag the meat parts were fresh.
Cold rooms and cold lights on all sides.
The top makes the bottom sets me right.
I've heard enough of your peace and meals.
A fork with prongs bent north then south.
There was once a man who tried to save me.
There was once a woman who tried to save me.
Sillouettes creeping about to smuggle you.
Our best friends are the ones we don't know.
Crying in the biggest open lot in the world.
He didn't know he was going to get it.
She didn't know he would get it over with.
Do you understand what a grated portal means?
Life comes to me in portmanteaus, bass drums.
It was all fine and okay until the walk.
How do we get through these fragrant signs?
Then there was a dance and they paired me.
It could have been metalworks and mayhem.
I stepped on her toes and she howled.
Are we all dogs when it comes down to what?
There is so much noise that needs silencing.
A security guard watched it happen.
I am the crowned prince that no one knows.
Social workers watched me get dragged away.
We all have problems no one recognizes.
Drop-kicked into the funnel of highway.
Launched through a world of pine and birch.
It wasn't a thorough search but it bled.
That great, raspy howl at such a young age.
I remember the first night and all nights.
There was never room to protest it.
Here we all look at each other in the eyes.
There was never any room to walk out.
Our corneas seethe and the pressure unfolds.
All we know is the happy, seated position.
I will rip everyone's eyes from their sockets.

No comments: