Monday, January 19, 2009

"You're Killing Me, Cookie" or "Killing Colleen"


After Nip/Tuck Episode: Ronnie Chase


The title of a poem about
stabbing a woman in
her old liver, her Coco frames
hold tired, black balls

the stuffing stains the scrubs
but that's what they're there for
"I've made a mess in here Cookie
...but what else is new?"

she dips her bloody hands in the aquarium
I think of William Blake and Michelle's couch
of Robert Browning and the house with no water
and of the fame of being too crazy to graduate

You killed me, Cookie
and now everyone will remember me
at the height of all my vitality and power
like a jealous husband with a gun

I sat in the thick Brooklyn snow
after slipping to the liquor store
a flashing hotel, the mutant orange of New York
in the empty canopy of heaven

the comfort of never-ending blackness
the joy of infinite freedom
and together we'll catch up
on our rest and favorite TV shows

No comments: